2020 Apple MacBook Air (13.3-inch/33.78 cm, Apple M1 chip with 8‑core CPU and 8‑core GPU, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD) – Space Grey
- Apple-designed M1 chip for a giant leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Go longer than ever with up to 18 hours of battery life
- 8-core CPU delivers up to 3.5x faster performance to tackle projects faster than ever
- Up to eight GPU cores with up to 5x faster graphics for graphics-intensive apps and games
- 16-core Neural Engine for advanced machine learning
- 8GB of unified memory so everything you do is fast and fluid
- Superfast SSD storage launches apps and opens files in an instant
- Fanless design for silent operation
- 33.78cm (13.3-inch) Retina display with P3 wide color for vibrant images and incredible detail
- FaceTime HD camera with advanced image signal processor for clearer, sharper video calls
Specification: 2020 Apple MacBook Air (13.3-inch/33.78 cm, Apple M1 chip with 8‑core CPU and 8‑core GPU, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD) – Space Grey
8 reviews for 2020 Apple MacBook Air (13.3-inch/33.78 cm, Apple M1 chip with 8‑core CPU and 8‑core GPU, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD) – Space Grey
Show all Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Should i buy the 16gb ram from apple store? This was the question i had for a long time. After going through tons of videos that compares 8gb air vs 16gb there was a clear evidence that with my use i can still be happy with the m1 8gb ram variant.
This is not a long term review but i shall update the review after few months of usage.
Why i opted for 8gb ram?
My use is browsing some secure pages, maybe watch some videos too. Use imovies to edit small videos (not heavy 4k long videos as such) but i have seen that this can support even editing 4k videos. But then definitely if you are someone who use it majorly for editing 4k videos then you should probably get the 16gb variant. Then i do a little bit of coding too.
I do have a office laptop that is a 16gb ram intel one. I did try opening some youtube 4k vids in chrome and compared it side by side and initial impression is pretty good on how the m1 takes on the load. But I should wait for more to get the actual picture.
So, if you are light user with basic use and not into gaming or anything. This laptop is gonna be more than enough for your use. As its very much portable and light weight. The battery is also heavily optimised. ( i tried all these and i am yet to do my initial charging 😊).
I shall update my review after 3-6 months for a better comparison.
Excellent product very fast and amazing fast m1 chip so fast and faster than the intel processor what a power
Manish B. –
Bought it from Amazon for exchange and Amazon pay benefits.
This is a significant update for me from 2015 MacBook Pro.
This machine is faster than Intel counterparts because of the new M1 chip. Keyboards, display are of top notch (Apple standard).
Battery is super, average 10 hours work consumed only 20%.
Though the webcam is average but happy with overall performance.
Abhishek Verma –
Amazing speed and works flawlessly. Does not get hot like previous intel model.
M1 models are a game changer. Apple will rule processor universe in future and M1 is only an entry processor.
Best in class. Performance, Display, Battery backup are above excellent.
A must have for every tech geek
Bought this after selling my Yamaha R15, but no regrets…. It’s speed is better than R15. 😅
tech geek –
1. It’s Superfast. It will feel fast on everything – from bootup, to app opening, to builds etc.
2. It’s slim. Air has no fan hence it’s form factor is even slimmer than Pro.
3. It remains cold even during heavy code builds. It’s hard to find things which makes it warm actually.
4. I have tried several graphics heavy games and they run great without any heat as well
5. If you are just browsing with Wifi on, typically it loses 10% battery in 7-8 hours. But it’s for Safari browser. It has achieved I guess what people will call power-efficiency nirvana.
6. Screen, Sound and Mic quality are awesome
1. Since it’s winters in India now, some people might not like that it doesn’t heat up the surroundings
2. For longer workloads – like if you are doing daily large video compressions/conversions and that takes like 15-20 mins, then this machine will not work as fast as Pro; as that’s not the load it’s optimised for. But ask yourself – whether you are gonna do that at all.
3. Camera is 720p and that sucks about every other laptop as well. But Apple has brought some software optimisations which will make it look better
4. It doesn’t make sound of fan, so you might feel asleep if you are used that to keep track of your ML jobs.
Apple started a revolution with this. Go for it, it’s worth it.
I am using Macbook M1 – 512GB version for more than 20 days now. I never noticed any heat. I am able to install almost everything I need. HomeBrew, VLC Player, VSCode, Darktable, Docker Preview, Chrome, and many more.
iTerm with ohmyzsh no issue at all.
node, ruby, python, java(azul jdk), php, elixir, go, typescript, many more
not installed deno as I have to download x-code full(11GB) will do in future
not installed android studio
not installed rust
not installed whatever I didn’t install.
Spotify, Prime Music were installed for music
Shiran Lone –
If we could get it for around 70-75k with some kind of discount that would b huge.. anyways, super excited.